The pathways to leadership within and outside of academia can be difficult to navigate. This is especially true when one's leadership experience takes place outside of a traditional managerial role. Developing strategies to effectively advocate for and communicate our leadership experience, innovations, and impact is essential to personal career advancement.
As such, SPARC is launching a community effort and pilot project to provide early career librarians with skills, experiences, and products that will help them pursue leadership positions and advocate for open in those positions.
The pilot project will include a series of suggested actions, open and re-usable resources, and learning opportunities leading up to International Open Access Week 2017. With the pilot we aim to provide:
- A progressive strategy and resources for hosting an OA Week related event or advocacy campaign.
- Beginning with tips on identifying an approach that will resonate with your campus community, and finding partners.
- Practical advice for describing and providing evidence of your professional and leadership experience and impact.
- Including within the context of your CV.
- Advice and insight from current library leaders who want to help you succeed!
We want your experience and ideas to drive this project, and we definitely don't want to reinvent the wheel. Sign up, and we'll get in touch.