Hosted in Toronto on November 2-4, OpenCon 2018 is designed to serve as a powerful catalyst for projects led by the next generation of scholars and researchers to advance Open Access, Open Education and Open Data. However, OpenCon is only possible with the support of established organizations and institutions with a commitment to openness in research and education.
OpenCon seeks to convene the most effective student and early career academic professional advocates—regardless of their ability to pay for travel costs. The majority of students and early career academic professionals who participate receive travel scholarships, enabling over 80 countries to be represented since 2014.
Whether its underwriting the meeting as a Leading Sponsor, hosting a coffee break, or simply sponsoring a student or early career participant to attend, your support and the support of other like-minded organizations are critical in ensuring OpenCon is a success.
Level of support: $10,000
- Option to sponsor a specific portion of the OpenCon program including workshops, unconference, and do-a-thon. Requests are reviewed and approved at the organizers’ discretion.
- Placement of sponsoring organization’s logo on the conference homepage and on any giveaways produced (e.g. t-shirt, tote bag)
- Opportunity to address the assembled participants before selected program session for up to 5 minutes (in-person or recorded message)
- Opportunity for a 5-minute presentation during one of the monthly OpenCon community calls
- Opportunity to have one communication of up to 150 words included in an email to all OpenCon 2018 applicants (more than 13,000 individuals applied in 2017)
- Two free conference registrations
- Table and space provided for sponsoring organization’s collateral during all coffee breaks