Boston College and Boston University Libraries are pleased to announce OpenCon 2018 Boston. This year's event will feature a screening of Paywall: The Business of Scholarship. We are excited to welcome the film's producer and director Jason Schmitt for a panel discussion.
Additionally, we are currently seeking proposals for the following:
• 20 - 25 minute presentations about Open Access, Open Data, or Open Educational projects currently in planning or underway
• 2-5 minute lightning talks
• Breakout sessions with work to be completed in-person by attendants
OpenCon Boston 2018 is not organized around any specific theme. All proposals will be reviewed. However, special consideration will be given for proposals that address the following:
• Openness in Promotion and Tenure processes
• Tracking OA citations and impact - especially integrating that into grant proposals
• Collaborating with Open Access outside of academia (e.g. open government data groups, civic engagement groups, activism, etc.)
All proposals must be received by midnight on Monday, Sept. 24, 2018 for consideration.