Hosted in Toronto on November 2-4, OpenCon 2018 is designed to serve as a powerful catalyst for projects led by the next generation of scholars and researchers to advance Open Access, Open Education and Open Data. However, OpenCon is only possible with the support of established organizations and institutions with a commitment to openness in research and education.
OpenCon seeks to convene the most effective student and early career academic professional advocates—regardless of their ability to pay for travel costs. The majority of students and early career academic professionals who participate receive travel scholarships, enabling over 80 countries to be represented since 2014.
Whether its underwriting the meeting as a Leading Sponsor, hosting a coffee break, or simply sponsoring a student or early career participant to attend, your support and the support of other like-minded organizations are critical in ensuring OpenCon is a success.
Number available: 1
Level of support: $15,000
- Prominent placement of sponsoring organization’s logo on the title slides for the webcast
- Prominent placement of sponsoring organization’s logo at the top of the conference homepage and on any giveaways produced (e.g. t-shirt, tote bag)
- Incorporation of sponsoring organization’s logo into the opening video bumper that will be attached to all video recordings from the meeting
- Opportunity to have one communication of up to 150 words included in an email sent to all participants, either before or directly following the meeting
- Opportunity for a 5-minute presentation during one of the monthly OpenCon community webcasts before the event
- Table and space provided for sponsoring organization’s collateral during all coffee breaks
- Two free conference registrations
- Statement of thanks at the opening and closing of the meeting