The Method is an open source, peer reviewed podcast about the state of science. We are a team of scientists and science-lovers who want to improve the quality, inclusivity, and productivity of our conversations about science.
Just as an open source community can improve the quality of code, we are creating a platform for the scientific community to improve the quality of our conversations about what is working in science and what is not.
What kinds of help are we looking for?
There are so many ways to contribute! Contribute your thoughts and experiences by submitting audio, transcribe audio interviews, or recommend someone to interview for a future episode. Learn more on our GitHub page: https://github.com/the-method/podcast.
1) Contribute audio content
- Join The Method WhatsApp Group and leave a voice note OR
- Leave a voicemail with your contribution at (929) 367-7330 OR
- Email a voice memo to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Transcribe audio
- Assign an issue labelled "transcribe" to yourself OR transcribe your own audio contribution.
- Download the audio file from Soundcloud OR listen to your audio contribution.
- Transcribe using oTranscribe and include regular timestamps.
- Export your transcription in Markdown format.
- Name your transcription (4-digit episode number underscore clip number tran (eg, "010102_01tran")).
- Upload the transcription to the episode folder.
3) Recommend someone to interview or review
- Create an issue with the name of the recommended interviewee or reviewer in the title.
- Describe why you are making the recommendation and contact details for the interviewee or reviewer.
- Label the issue "interview".
- Under Project, assign the Project that corresponds to the appropriate episode.
Can you be based remotely to help? Yes! Can collaborate from anywhere in the world.
Who do I get in touch with if I want to help out? If you have questions or are interested in helping out, you can contact April Clyburne-Sherin at email@example.com